Exclusive: Marvel has set Geneva Robertson-Dworet to take over and write the script for Captain Marvel, the Brie Larson-starrer that will be directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck (Mississippi Grind). Meg LeFauve & Nicole Perlman originally were set to put in writing the script, however LeFauve had to leave to direct the Disney Animation pic Gigantic with Nathan Greno.
That creates a big alternative for Robertson-Dworet, whose script credit embody the upcoming Tomb Raider pic for MGM that stars Alicia Vikander and Gotham Metropolis Sirens, an expansion of the Suicide Squad franchise which David Ayer is trying to direct with Margot Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn for Warner Bros.
Robertson-Dworet has made the Black Checklist twice, most not too long ago for Ares, which bought set at MGM and has Anna Foerster directing. She is repped by Management 360, WME and HJTH.
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy
1. Charlie on Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm
My question is how much is Marvel paying DC Comics for the use of the name Captain Marvel? As they’ve been answerable for the name for many years and abruptly Marvel renames it’s character Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel which is the name of the hero in DC Comics and never Shazam like most people nowadays assume since that’s the outdated man that Captain Marvel acquired his powers from.
– Kagerou on Aug 15, 2017 9:50 pm
They won’t pay anything as a result of They are those that personal the trademark for Captain Marvel, not DC. The original Captain Marvel was not created by DC, however by Fawcett Comics. DC then sued them accusing them of ripping off Superman with Cap Marvel. This lawsuit ended up destroying Fawcett and shutting them down. Years cross. The trademark goes back in the marketplace (if you do not use a trademark you lose it) and Marvel then grabs it up. DC solely bought the rights to the original Captain Marvel (now Shazam) AFTER Marvel already took the trademark. So DC has no rights to the title in any way. They can’t even use the name in the event that they create a movie for that character. They must call any movie Shazam.
– Charlie on Aug sixteen, 2017 5:33 am
I stand corrected and apologize…I had been beneath the impression that DC had the trademark as marvel has at all times referred to as her Ms. Marvel…as effectively as confused why anybody would name DC comics capt marvel …shazam as that’s never been his name…as shazam was the previous man that gave him the powers…so then what occurs to the whole Marvel household? They got to hand over their name?
– Maxx on Aug sixteen, 2017 1:28 pm
Ms. Marvel isn’t even the unique “Captain Marvel’from Marvel Comics. She took the mantle from the original Captain Marvel (now Mar-Vell) which is one other Marvel character.
2. Kagerou on Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm
Oh and Marvel didn’t simply instantly take the name. They’ve had it and used it since 1967. DC only obtained the rights to that character in 1972. Like I said, this was after Marvel had the trademark. DC principally screwed themselves out of the trademark when they sued Fawcett.
– Zac Thynne on Aug 17, 2017 5:02 am
Flawed!!! Katee Sackhoff was by far the fantastic four t-shirts better choice. Sadly she declined to except the function. Massive mistake on her half however for good reason. Therefore this film will bomb horribly. Worse then the reboot of FF4 and GB mixed.
– on Aug 20, 2017 1:Fifty eight pm
Actually, “exceptingit is precisely what Katie Sakhoff did. The word you want is “accept/p>
– 1 Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mother’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still “KeatonStrong”?
– 3 Golden Globes Nominations Snubs & Surprises
– 4 California Wildfires: Extra New Evacuations As Movie star Enclave Of Montecito Is Threatened Update
– 6 Kumail Nanjiani Doubles Down On ‘The big Sick’ Snub Tweet – Replace
– 8 Golden Globes Nominations: ‘The Shape Of Water’ & ‘The Publish’ Tops In Film, ‘Big Little Lies’ Leads Television
– 10 Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years
– ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The JungleReview: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The sport, But Laughs Don’t/p>
– ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Virtually Turned Down The Position Of Churchill – The/p>
– ‘Detective PikachuGets Summer 2019 Release Date
Artistic Development Coordinator
Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
Account/Venture Coordinator (Advert Agency)
Petrol Promoting, Burbank, California
Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
Executive Director, Aspen Movie
Firm Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
Associate Director, YouTuber & Gamer Partnerships
Save the Youngsters, Fairfield, Connecticut
SEE More JOBS
The Gifted Fall Finale Recap: Triple Threat Plus: Which Hero/p>
Zendaya Recalls ‘Body-Slamming’ With Zac Efron After He Names/p>
Phrases of Use
Your Privateness Rights
india. All rights reserved. The Hollywood Sign is a trademark and mental property of Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.